WebDriver on the other hand uses native automation from each language. While this means it takes longer to support new browsers/languages, it does offer a much closer ‘feel’ to the browser. If you’re happy with WebDriver, stick with it, it’s the future. There are limitations and bugs right now, but if they’re not stopping you, go for it.
Selenium Benefits over WebDriver
* Supports many browsers and many languages, WebDriver needs native implementations for each new languagte/browser combo.
* Very mature and complete API
Benefits of WebDriver Compared to Selenium
* Native automation faster and a little less prone to error and browser configuration
* Does not Requires Selenium-RC Server to be running
* Access to headlessHTMLUnit can allow really fast tests
* Great API